Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My point exactly….

On Monday, as we were driving to Olivia’s dress rehearsal, Henry kept pestering me for sips of my diet Coke. As a general rule, Tyler and I only let the kids drink soda occasionally and never with caffeine. Henry, however, has somehow developed a great liking for Dr. Pepper, which he manages to con his grandfather into getting him, and on the rare occasion I have a caffeinated soda he begs for sips. So when he begged on Monday, I told him he couldn’t have any soda because I didn’t want him to be addicted to caffeine and that caffeine was not good for a growing child. His answer, made in a loud dramatic voice was: “Don’t say I’m addicted to caffeine because I want Dr. Pepper ALL THE TIME.” The emphasis on “all the time” was made by Henry himself. I rest my case.

No comments: