Saturday, July 17, 2010

Frog Lake

Yesterday, the kids and I went on a beautiful hike with some friends. We basically made it a day trip. We left Carson Valley around 10, started the hike around 10:30.

We had brought swimwear so once we got to the lake we stayed for a couple of hours. We had lunch and we played. I personally didn’t get in the lake; I was satisfied with supervising and visiting with my friends. The kids however had a grand time playing in the water and in the beautiful nature around the lake. They were especially thrilled when they noticed a nice slope still covered in snow. If you know Henry, you can guess what happened next. Yep, he decided he would sled it on his bottom in his swim trunks and all the kids decided to do like him. They really did have a grand time. They played hard and each now gladly bears a “wound” to prove it.

I gave Olivia and her friend Madison a small camera. Here are some of the pictures they took.

Thank you Heather for showing us such an amazing place.

2 comments:

Heidi Gilmore said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I wish we could have come with you guys. I wanted to come visit Reno this summer, but it looks like it will be next summer instead. Hope you are well!

Brittany said...

What a beautiful hike! Looks like the kids had fun!