Monday, June 27, 2011

Mother knows best... really

It seems like every time I tell Olivia to do or not do something she asks “Why?” Well, because mother knows best. It’s not that I’m smarter, it’s just that I’ve lived longer and know what will happen. But sometimes I get tired of her asking over and over again. When that happens, I let her make the mistake and decide for herself if it was worth it or not. So far, she eventually saw things the way I see them but last week my method hit a snag. She asked and asked and asked… and asked to go ride horses with Grandpa. The problem is that that she is terribly allergic to horses but I decided to let her go on a ride and then deal with the consequences. I’m not completely cold hearted, she went fully dosed with allergy medicine and Grandma gave as much as possible again after the ride, and the next day. But still, this is how she looked (and it didn’t feel any better than it looks)…

You would think that she would give up on horses but she decided it was worth the consequence (she was hurting but she was so happy) and she already begging Grandpa to take her riding again. Mother knows best... but she can only do so much!

No comments: