Monday, September 28, 2009

Life after summer vacation

All summer long, I was heard saying that I would be as busy once the school year started, that everything would settle down and that I would have more time. Well, I lied. I’m busier than ever (mostly by choice) and dead tired but We are having some really good times.

Now you might ask why I am so busy. As every parent of school age children knows, school means homework. If you have a child like Olivia, it can be a treat. If you have children like Henry it can be a chore. But no matter how they feel about homework (I’m talking about Henry here), they both love going to school. Both were super excited to go back to school. Olivia’s second grade experience was all she expected and patiently awaited. Henry’s start was a little rougher. He too was excited about school but at the end of the first he explained: “Olivia’s a liar! School isn’t even fun! All we do is, work, work, work, study, study, study!” The following two weeks were kind of tough, he didn’t want to go but I’m glad to say that he now goes without too much complaining.

Olivia on her first day of second grade. 08/19/09.

Henry on his first day of kindergarten. 08/19/09.

This is what I see every day as we walk to school, two adorable children who can’t wait to get there. I love my kids!

1 comment:

Lauren and Chase said...

So Cute! I can't believe how big they are getting Christelle! Henry looks like a little man!!!! Are you all loving Gardernville?!!!

p.s. you are in Reno for Christmas right??