Saturday, February 14, 2009

Henry-ism

Yesterday Henry finally realized his lifelong buddy Rocco was no longer in his pen. He simply asked “where’s Rocco” to which I replied “he was old and he died.” I’ll spare you the “how did he die” and the “where is his body” part of the conversation but after a very thoughtful moment Henry asked “so Rocco is in heaven?” and I answered “yes” because I like to think that my favorite pets will be there waiting for me and because the discussion of whether animals do go to heaven or not might be a little too deep for a five-year-old. After my affirmation, Henry thought some more and then asked “what is Heavenly Father doing with him?” I wasn’t sure what he meant so I asked him “what do you mean?” and Henry simply answered “do you think Heavenly Father is riding him?”

I love Henry. I love that he is a loving little boy. He has his less positive moments like every other child but I love to hear him call me and say that he needs love (his way of asking for a hug) and at the end of the day what he does best is love; He loves people, he loves animals and he loves things and places. And we love him!

3 comments:

Misty said...

sorry, what was rocco? obviousy something big enough to be ridden. i love those sweet little teaching moments. ours usually come up while we're in the car.

jocie said...

i'm totally with you, favorite pets are totally going to be with us in heaven.

Brittany said...

That's cute!! I hope my favorite animals will be in heaven waiting for me.:)