Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Olivia's first lost tooth

Tonight Olivia lost her first baby tooth. Here is the story. About three weeks ago Olivia announced that one of her teeth was wiggly. She had already announced such a thing several times and I don’t check for wiggly teeth or look at them (if I can avoid it) when people wiggle them, it really grosses me out, so we waited for dad to come home and sure enough, her first baby tooth was almost ready to go. For the past three weeks, she has had several moods: the it-hurts-when-I-eat-I-want-it-out-now mood, the no-don’t-get-it-out-it’s-going-to-hurt-too-much mood, the alright-do-it-now-no-don’t (and burst into tears) mood. Well we didn’t have to yank it out after all. After bedtime prayer tonight, Olivia laid on her back on the carpet and for some reason Henry decided to sit on her face. It all went really fast, I’m not really sure what happened exactly. I told Henry to get off his sister’s face and when she sat up she was crying so I told Tyler that it was probably her wiggly tooth that got hurt and right when I said that she pulled the tooth out of her mouth. I thought I had a great first lost baby tooth story: I lost mine when I bit into a hard caramel (Carambar for you French ones), but her story is way better. “How did you lose your first baby tooth?”, “My brother sat on my face.” You can’t beat that!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That's a good story! Congratulations Olivia!! Did the tooth fairy visit her??

Ben and Shara said...

She is beautiful, tooth or sans tooth. Great Story.

My dad shook me upside down holding my tooth and tickling me. It came out but I didn't feel it because I was laughing so hard.