Friday, March 27, 2009

Dear Mom and Dad...I mean Tooth Fairy

As you may know, on February 18th Olivia lost her first baby tooth, but what you probably don’t know is that she has been very vocal about the fact the she, being a big knowledgeable girl, doesn’t believe in the tooth fairy (Santa Claus, Sure, but the tooth fairy… come on!) So the tooth fairy didn’t leave anything under her pillow; she can’t if she doesn’t exist (this really made sense to me at the time). Olivia didn’t say anything so I figured I was in the clear, until a few days ago. I was ready to get into bed when I found a note on my pillow that instructed me to go look under Olivia’s pillow and this is what I found under there: There wasn't anything in the envelope but the back of it told us she knew exactly what she wanted put in the said envelope.
She knew what she wanted and she got it. Tyler and I talked and we decided that it really wasn’t about the Tooth Fairy, believing in her or not, it’s about a little girl losing her first tooth and parents giving her a little money but really saying “Good job you’re becoming a big girl”. She got $5 and it the morning we got the biggest hugs. It was $5 well spent!

6 comments:

merideth said...

that is so clever and so cute!

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Awesome story. The going rate for a tooth has gone up since I was a kid.

The Tooth Fairy usually left me about 75 cents (in assorted change, usually whatever was in the tooth fairy's purse, it seemed).

Later on, the Tooth Fairy decided it didn't even need to bother with the under-the-pillow thing and deposited the tooth proceeds in the change tray in the car.

jocie said...

olivia is fantastic, she cracks us up. what a smart girl!

Brittany said...

Oh that's a cute little note! Olivia is very cleaver! Nothing like leaving a little hint with the dollar sign.:)

Misty said...

that is priceless. she's probably going to be a lawer when she grows up.

Jennifer said...

$5!!!!
ethan needs to fire his tooth fairy.

e knows its really me, but he still likes to play along.