Monday, January 17, 2011

France

Now that we have been back for a week exactly, I guess I should post about Tyler and my trip to France. I was good and it was bad. Today, I’ll focus on the good. We had two main reasons to go. First, it was my paternal grandmother’s 90th. Her four sons, two of their spouses, her five grandchildren (all girls), all their spouses, and 6 of her 8 great-grandchildren got together to celebrate with her. We were missing Mary (Jacques’s companion), Rosy (Gerard’s Companion), Olivia and Henry. I learned that my dad and his brothers hadn’t been all together at once since some 32 years ago, so to have them all together made the night pretty special for my grandmother. We also got to spend some time with my maternal grandparents who are nearing their mid-80s. Second, we went by ourselves to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We had never left the children for more than 2 days and it was kind of hard to be far from them for 10 days (make that 11 days, but I’ll get back to that when I post about the bad.) However, it was great to be just us and to simply enjoy each other’s company. It might be corny to say but I love my husband more and more with time and I’m pretty sure he feels the same way. In a nutshell, it was a great trip to Paris to celebrate long full lives and my marriage to my best friend and the love of my life.

1 comment:

jocie said...

So glad you had a wonderful time!