Wednesday, January 19, 2011

They love us!

Shortly after we got back from Paris, Henry asked me why we had to leave for 10 days. I explained about the time change and the long travel and how it didn’t make sense to go for just 3 days because most of it would be spent in the airplane. I left it at that. This, however didn’t seem to be the answer he was looking for because a couple of hours later he came back to me with “Did you leave for 10 days because it was your 10-year anniversary? When you’ll be married for 50 years will you go away for 50 days?” He’s obviously really been thinking about this. I explained that we would probably never leave for 50 days in a row but that if we did, he’d be 47 by our 50th anniversary and he wouldn’t need us or miss us by then. His answer melted my heart. “Of course I’ll miss you, I love you too much." And in the background I heard Olivia say "Yeah!" I love you too kiddos. I love you too.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Awwwwww! That's cute!:)