Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Part 1

Thanks to School Halloween parties, we had some more baking fun. Both Olivia and Henry had signed up to bring cupcakes (they love to bake and decorate cupcakes) and so we looked for a fun new Halloween cupcake. The one- eyed monster is the one both wanted to bring to their party, and I have to say that they turned out pretty good. Alright, so this blog entry is going to be a little about me... a couple of days ago, Henry and I were walking around in Safeway and Henry was still wearing his plastic vampire teeth, like he had been doing since he got them as a prize at the elementary school Fall Festival (at first, it was hard to understand him, but you get used to it.) Out of the blue, Henry asks me "Do you like me now?" I'm a little surprised by the question but I answer "Henry, I always love you!" To this he replies "No, I mean, do you like me now that I'm a vampire... you like vampires..." I guess I've read the twilight books too much before their bedtime and watched the movie trailer one to many times!
Another Henry moment: This morning at breakfast, Olivia asked Henry what he wanted to be next Halloween and he answered without hesitation "a crystal shrimp!" He meant a Sushi Roll like the one Amber is making Mitchell this Halloween (Amber and Mitchell came to Lovelock to watch our Primary program last Sunday and showed us pictures of the costume. It's awesome. I got this picture from the Family Fun magazine which is where Amber got her inspiration.) For those who do not know, Henry loves sushi, even the raw stuff, but his very favorite is the crystal shrimp rolls.

4 comments:

merideth said...

those cupcakes are awesome. i need to make those for something...maybe next halloween.

Brittany said...

That sushi costume is seriously cool! I really hope Henry really wants to be a "crystal shrimp" next year! What a funny kid! Cute cupcakes too! I'm so impressed! The kids did a good job.

Christine said...

Those cupcakes do look amazing! I've been craving cupcakes lately. :o) I loved that Henry knows how much you like Twilight and that he was trying to please you with those vampire teeth. I cracked up when I read that. I too agree that the sushi costume is way rad too.

Ben and Shara said...

I forgot to tell you but we tried the lolly-pop sized caramel apples and they were a hit. I'd also like to send some kudos that way for those cool one eyed cupcakes.