Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Only in Lovelock

Yesterday, I went to our little Safeway to buy milk and eggs. As often, there was no skim milk on the shelves but we were out so I found someone and asked them to check if they had some in the back. The woman was gone for about 10 minutes (and I’m not exaggerating) when she came back to tell me she couldn’t see any skim milk but she would go check with ______ (I can’t remember her name) because she “worked in dairy”. The two of them had been gone a few minutes when they came back and the one who “worked in dairy” said “I’m sorry I don’t have any skim milk, all I have is fat free, 1% and 2%”. I could have said something really mean but all I said is “I’ll take 2 gallons of the fat free.” I kept my rude and sarcastic comments for Tyler when I got home. I have to give it to those two ladies; the jug does say Fat Free and not Skim. I know it's hard to tell but I'm really not a good photographer and I couldn't get the camera to get a clearer picture of the label.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe that I am the first one to comment on this and it is 2 days old - I am still laughing - and so loud that Miles asked me why, so I had to tell him the story and he is laughing too. Did you guys come to town last weekend - sorry I didn't call - ment to but I had sick kids anyway. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Heidi