Thursday, October 8, 2009

I made croissants!

I shouldn’t pat myself on the back and brag about it too but I’m going to anyway. I’m breaking the no bragging rule because I’m excited, happy and so is my tummy.

Every one that knows me knows that my weakness is French pastries. I have been known to make a HUGE detour to get one of these little goodies. I like to buy them but I also enjoy making them. I had been looking for a good recipe for croissant, a good one but not a crazy hard one that took three days from start to finish, and I found it. It wasn’t super easy, I was making croissants after, but it was definitely doable and absolutely delicious. I loved the smell in my kitchen (let me correct that- in my house) as they were baking. I’m not Martha Stewart but I sure felt like one when I make these and I can’t wait to make them again. (I’ll be glad to share the recipe if anyone out there wants it.)

2 comments:

Ben and Shara said...

oh yummy these look more flaky and buttery than the basic thanksgiving roll. I'm hope you have layers and layers of butter in them? when will you post the recipe?

Brittany said...

Looks delicious!!! YUUUMMMMYYYY! You can stop by my house and make some of those for me.:)