Monday, January 12, 2009

PSG

As mentioned in the Christmas post, while in France we got to go to a PSG (Paris Saint-Germain, the Paris soccer team in the French ligue 1). I’m not a soccer fan but as many of you know, Tyler is a die-hard fan and the PSG is the French team he has chosen to support. He hasn’t been lucky with his teams lately, the NY Yankees, the PSG, the Chicago Bears are not doing so well…or so I understand because when he watch the games I’m usually doing something else, unless it’s the super bowl or a BYU football game. Anyways, when Tyler decides to support a team it’s for real and he had been dying to see the PSG live but we never went to France during the soccer season, until three weeks ago. My father was kind enough to take us to a game (my sister, Roselle, got to come too), Tyler was in heaven and I have to admit that it was pretty fun. The atmosphere was crazy. I’ve been MLB games, to NBA games, college football (and BYU vs. Utah can get a little crazy) but I hadn’t really seen crazy until this game. The PSG stadium, le Parc des Princes, hold 48,000 people that night there were 45,000 people, all chanting, beating on drums dancing, lighting flares, you read me right, LIGHTING FLARES! And it was fun. We got to see Guillaume Hoarau (number 9, the blue jersey on the left side of the picture) a rising French soccer star Tyler has been following.
There was a lot of action for a final 2-2. It should have been 3-2 for the PSG, Tyler can tell you all about that.
And even I enjoyed myself. I really did have a good time, I didn’t just enjoy watch Tyler have a great time.
And now that Tyler has a PSG jersey with Hoarau’s name, number and all the official patches, he truly is a happy camper.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

That sounds like fun! I love live sports games! MLB being my favorite but they're all pretty cool! I can't believe they were lighting torches! That's pretty crazy!

Misty said...

i am jealous! i want to go to paris too! although i'd have to speak french, and i really can't anymore!

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

That is awesome!