Friday, January 23, 2009

for the love of fridays

My sister-in-law, Merideth, has been doing a regular post she calls “for the love of fridays”. In these posts, she describes things that she loves and that she is grateful for. I love the idea of expressing what I love and appreciate and I’m going to give it a try. Today, I LOVE my friends and one in particular. A friend who knew Tyler was out of town most of the week and that he would not come back until late tonight so she called me and invited Olivia, Henry and me to come have dinner with her and her family. We had a great time, a good dinner and lots of laughs. The “big people” played skip-bo (Tyler ended up joining us towards the end of the evening) and the little kids played well together. I’m not only GRATEFUL for a good evening but for a friend who knew I was in need of big people company and was willing to be that company. I LOVE my friends and I LOVE card games (any games actually.)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds like a fun night. I'm glad you had some people to hang out with! And I like the "for the love of Fridays" idea.

merideth said...

i did not know this. i am also a game lover. we must play and make our husbands play next time we are together.