Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Paris - City of lights, City of my heart

I have quite a bit of catching up to do. Life has been busy, which means not as many pictures as there should be to represent all that has happened recently and also, I was away from my computer and a QWERTY keyboard—typing in France takes me for EVER! So here goes with the catching up. Today: Paris. Paris has to be my favorite city. I love that it is familiar to me but that it can always be rediscovered, either through the eyes of someone you take around or through the many changing aspect of Paris (the new exhibits, the new colors of the lights of the Eiffel Tower, the different vendors in the markets…). Each and every time, I love Paris. Here are a few pictures (Tyler did take a lot of pictures of the city but never with anyone we know in it.) The Sacré Cœur - Climbing up the step is a workout but definitely worth it, especially when you reward yourself afterwards with lunch "Place du Tertre".
The Arc de Triomphe - One of the many symbols of Paris, one that usually means shopping on the Champs-Elysées.
The Eiffel Tower - Growing up I used to run up the stairs screaming out the numbers of the steps. I'm not running anymore, I'm not screaming either.
The Panthéon - This used to be a church "Sainte Geneviève" if my memory serves me well. But now it's a place for art and famous people (Victor Hugo, Pierre Curry among them) to be buried.
Notre-Dame - We love to go there, the place is magnificent.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Ahhhh Paris!! Love the pics!! I'm so jelous that you grew up there! Someday I'll get to see it in person! I'm glad you guys had a safe and fun trip!

Ben and Shara said...

I'm so jealous. What an amazing vacation. Was christmas good for you guys?

Chris and Jenna said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. It's been a dream of mine to go to Paris someday, but for now, I'll have to settle at looking at the beautiful pictures you took. Glad that you had a fun trip!

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Great photos!